After giving birth, postnatal massage can be a great way to boost your body back to your non-pregnant state.
Benefits of Postnatal Massage:
- Reduce stretch marks
- Reduce cellulite and tone up the body
- Relieve swelling in the legs or any other area
- Give deep relaxation during treatment. Relaxed mama = Relaxed baby!
- Ease muscle aches and fatigue. Many mums may experience discomfort while breastfeeding as it could put pressure on the neck and the back. A postnatal massage works at relieving pressure and tension on the muscles in the neck and the back, helping you to relax your tired nerves
When to start a postnatal massage?
- Normal delivery - 1 week after discharging from hospital
- Caesarean section - at least 3 weeks after delivery or when incision is properly healed